Become a Markets Stallholder
The Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets have been operating on the Esplanade at the end of Cavill Mall, Surfers Paradise since April 1995. During this time the Beachfront Markets has become a Surfers Paradise icon that provide a unique shopping and cultural experience.
Locals and visitors from around the world fill the Surfers Paradise foreshore each Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evening, keen to admire an array of hand-made unusual and unique product offerings and local artisans at work.
Whilst the main purpose of the Beachfront Markets is to provide an ambient and unique shopping experience in one of Australia's most popular tourist precincts, the Beachfront Markets also provide the opportunity for people with a creative flair to display their talents and sell their products at one of the most sought-after market experiences on the Gold Coast.
We are always looking for new, artistic, high-quality and professional stalls. Committed locals are especially encouraged to apply and to showcase their product at the renowned Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets.
HOW DO I BECOME A BEACHFRONT MARKETS STALLHOLDER?
- Read the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy' before completing the application form to ensure you are happy to trade under those terms
- Complete all questions and sections on the 'application form'(below)
- Surfers Paradise Alliance will review all applications once a month
- Unsuccessful applicants will be advised by email
- Applications being considered will be invited to attend a comprehensive stallholder induction session, which must be completed before you can be approved or commence trading.
- In the event your application is successful, you will need to arrange relevant insurance cover as outlined in the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy'
- Ensure that you have the entire relevant infrastructure required as outlined in the 'Licence to Occupy' to set up your Market Stall. All electrical equipment and cables must be tested and tagged, and any other relevant items you may need to ensure that your Stall set up complies to workplace health and safety regulations and Standard Operating Procedures as outlined in the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy'
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What nights do I need to attend the markets?
The Beachfront Markets operate from 3-8pm on Wednesday, Friday and Sundays throughout the entire year. Different licenses incur different attendance levels - please see below for further detail.
In the events that a Market is scheduled for a time that coincides with another event such as the Surfers Paradise Festival, Surfers Paradise Alliance will notify in advance of any changes.
Can I sell food at the markets?
Due to the number of food outlets in the Surfers Paradise precinct, we do not allow food stalls at the Markets. We have a small number of positions available for pre-packaged and pre-prepared food. If you sell this type of product, please enquire about its suitability through the application form below.
What does a market stall cost?
There are four types of stalls; Three day permanent, two day permanent, casual, and trial. The following pricing chart is for the 1 July 2016 - June 2017 period. Costs are inclusive of GST.
|STALL TYPE||Table||3m x 3m||4.5 m x 3m||6m x 3m||Absent Days|
|Permanent 3 Days||$66.70||$66.70||$100.00||$133.40||18|
|Permanent 2 Days||$72.80||$72.80||$109.20||$145.60||8|
Three Day Permanent:
A stallholder committing to trade at all three markets receives discounted stall fees and other incentives. Once a commitment has been made to trade for three days, that commitment remains for the remainder of the Term.
Two Day Permanent:
A stallholder can choose to commit to trade on either of Wed/Fri; Fri/Sun; Sun/Wed; and have the option to trade on the third day any time. A stallholder can upgrade from permanent 2 days to permanent 3 days at any time during the Term, but then must retain that commitment for the remainder of the Term. Absent days are calculated on a Pro Rata basis.
No More than one (1) Market stall per calendar month for up to 12 months
Test your product! Trial stallholders can trade any night/s for no more than one (1) calendar month (Excludes December / January)
What do I need to start trading at the markets?
Each stallholder needs a licence to trade at the markets, public liability insurance, tables, lights, power (if required) and a marquee (with 30kg weights per leg). It is recommended that no money be outlaid until you have been notified that you application has been approved.
How long does it take to process my application?
Applications are processed once a week. Depending on when you submit your application, it may take up to 2 weeks to process.