Become a Markets Stallholder
Locals and visitors from around the world fill the Surfers Paradise foreshore each Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evening, keen to admire an array of hand-made unusual and unique product offerings and local artisans at work.
Whilst the main purpose of the Beachfront Markets is to provide an ambient and unique shopping experience in one of Australia's most popular tourist precincts, the Beachfront Markets also provide the opportunity for people with a creative flair to display their talents and sell their products at one of the most sought-after market experiences on the Gold Coast.
We are always looking for new, artistic, high-quality and professional stalls. Committed locals are especially encouraged to apply and to showcase their product at the renowned Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets.
HOW DO I BECOME A BEACHFRONT MARKETS STALLHOLDER?
- Read the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy' and ‘Standard Operating Procedures' before completing the application form to ensure you are happy to trade under those terms, as we do not compromise on safety or operational procedures
- Complete all questions and sections on the 'application form' (below)
- Surfers Paradise Alliance will review all applications weekly in most instances
- Unsuccessful applicants will be advised by email
- Applications being considered will be invited to attend a comprehensive stallholder induction session, which must be completed before you can be approved or commence trading.
- In the event your application is successful, you will need to arrange relevant insurance cover as outlined in the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy'
- Ensure that you have the entire relevant infrastructure required as outlined in the 'Licence to Occupy' to set up your Market Stall. All electrical equipment and cables must be tested and tagged, and any other relevant items you may need to ensure that your Stall set up complies to workplace health and safety regulations and Standard Operating Procedures as outlined in the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy'
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What nights do I need to attend the markets?
A. The Beachfront Markets operate from 4- 9pm on Wednesday, Friday and Sundays throughout the entire year. Other than casual and trial stallholders, you must commit to regular trading on one, two or three of these nights. Different attendance levels attract variances in nightly stall fees - please see below for further detail.
Q. Can I sell food at the markets?
A. Due to the number of food outlets and restaurants just across the road in the Surfers Paradise precinct, we do not allow ready-to-eat food stalls at the Markets. We have a small number of positions available for pre-packaged and pre-prepared food. If you sell this type of product, please enquire about its suitability through the application form below.
What does a market stall cost?
A. There are five (5) classifications of stallholders; Three day permanent, two day permanent, one day permanent, casual, and trial. The following pricing chart is for the 1 July 2017 – 30 June 2018 period. You can apply for larger stall sites for an additional fee. Fees are per night and inclusive of GST.
|Classification||Table/ 3m x 3m marquee|
|Permanent 3 Days||$68.00|
|Permanent 2 Days||$79.00|
|Permanent 1 Day||$150.00|
Three Day Permanent:
A stallholder committing to trade at all three markets receives discounted stall fees and other incentives. Once a commitment has been made to trade for three days, that commitment remains for the remainder of the Term.
Two Day Permanent:
A stallholder can choose to commit to trade on either of Wed/Fri; Fri/Sun; Sun/Wed; and have the option to trade on the third day any time. A stallholder can upgrade from permanent 2 days to permanent 3 days at any time during the Term, but then must retain that commitment for the remainder of the Term.
One Day Permanent:
A stallholder can choose to commit to trade on either Wednesday, Friday or Sunday and have the option to trade on a second or third day any time. A stallholder can upgrade from permanent 1 day to permanent 2 or 3 days at any time during the Term, but then must retain that commitment for the remainder of the Term.
Must commit to trade for one night per calendar month. This night can be any time from month-to-month, with notice. A casual stallholder can upgrade to permanent at any time.
Test your product! Trial stallholders can trade any night/s for no more than one (1) calendar month. (Excludes December and January and Commonwealth Games period)
Q. What do I need to start trading at the markets?
A. Each stallholder needs a licence to trade at the markets, public liability insurance, tables, lights, power (if required), an approved marquee and 30kg weights per leg. It is recommended that no money be outlaid until you have been notified that you application has been approved, and you are sure you are purchasing approved equipment to withstand the outdoor conditions on the foreshore.
Q. How long does it take to process my application?
A. Applications are processed once a week. Depending on when you submit your application, it may take up to 2 weeks to process.