Spirit of Australia Gallery
Spirit of Australia Gallery (1994) is a well-known and respected Aboriginal Art Gallery in Surfers Paradise, home to authentic Aboriginal art and Australian-made quality products. The Gallery offers a unique collection of popular traditional and contemporary Aboriginal paintings by prominent central Australian Aboriginal artists such as: Walangkura Napanangka, Gloria, Jeannie and Kathleen Petyarre, Abie Loy, Evelyn Pultara, Margaret Lewis Napangardi, Ronnie Tjampitjinpa and kudditji Kngwarreye just to name a few!
The Gallery also exhibits paintings by many talented local artists such as Anthony Walker, John Turnbull, Yondee, Trisha Mason, Colin Wightman, Melissa Wright, Grant Paulson, Troy Little and Goompi Ugerabah among many others. You can also see live Aboriginal paintings in store on most days. All paintings come complete with certificates of authenticity, artist's profile and a photo of the artist with the painting where available.
You will also find Gold Coast's best range of Authentic didgeridoos, made from native Australian eucalyptus trees (Ironbark, Bloodwood, Woolybutt) naturally hollowed by termites. You can choose from a variety of sizes (each unique in sound and shape), plain with a natural finish or hand painted by local Aboriginal artists.
You can also find:
- A wide range of Australian made, hand painted Boomerangs, Emu Callers, Pottery and wood carvings
- An impressive Collection of Black, Matrix, and Boulder Opals as well as handmade jewellery
- Authentic Crocodile, Kangaroo and Ostrich leather accessories
- Leather hats and oil skin jackets
- Australian made Toys, Aboriginal and Australian design T-shirts, Ties, Scarves, Napery and more
- Sheepskin footwear and Accessories, UGG AUSTRALIA (100% Australian Made), EMU AUSTRALIA (Water resistant), Australian Made Platinum Collection and the New 100% WATER PROOF Paterson Collection
- Alpaca Rugs, Cushions, Scarves, Hats, Toys, Cowhide Rugs, cushions and much more at affordable prices to suit every taste and budget
Come in, browse and experience.