Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest
The Elvis Tribute Artist (ETA) Contest is an Elvis Presley Enterprises (EPE) licenced event and will follow the strict rules and guidelines presented in the agreement between Surfers Paradise Alliance and EPE.
VIVA Surfers Paradise is Asia Pacific’s ultimate legends tribute festival, celebrating the life and music of rock legends with a focus on Elvis Presley as the king of rock 'n' roll. The event will run from Friday 13 to Sunday 22 July, 2018 and will feature an exciting line-up of entertainment including live tribute shows, classic car displays and the ever-popular ETA Contest. VIVA Surfers Paradise 2018 is shaping up to be the best one yet!
Dates: Closing weekend of VIVA, 21 and 22 July 2018.
Location: Surfers Paradise Beach, between Hanlan Street and Trickett Street, Surfers Paradise.
The Contest will be structured as follows:
Saturday 21 July, 2018
- Round 1 – all qualified ETAs (maximum 20) will compete and perform 2 tracks each.
- The top 10 contestants will be selected to compete in round two.
Sunday 22 July, 2018
- Round 2 - The top ten contestants will compete and perform 3 tracks each.
- Round 3 – The top six contestants will perform 3 tracks each accompanied by the live tribute Band appointed by Surfers Paradise Alliance.
Order of performers: The order of performers in all rounds will be drawn AT RANDOM by Surfers Paradise Alliance.
The 20 qualified contestants who will compete in the Elvis Tribute Artist (ETA) Contest are as follows;
- Anthony Fenech
- Brendon Chase
- Brody Finlay
- Che Orton
- Craig Mitchell
- Elvis To The T
- Geoff Suede
- George Kritikos
- James Christel
- Jeffery Yap
- Jeffrey Hancox
- Joe Piastrino
- Johnny Angel
- Kingsley Rock
- Marcus Jackson
- Matt Birse
- Paul Fenech
- Paul Reynolds
- Stuey V
- Vince Gelonese
The top 3 contestants will receive the following prizes:
1st place: $5,000 cash AND a place in the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Memphis (as part of Elvis Week)
2nd place: $3,000 cash + performance opportunity at Auckland's Elvis in the Gardens 2019 (visit website for details)
3rd place: $1,500 cash
The remaining 7 competitors from the top 10 will each receive $500 cash.
Expressions of interest for the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest 2018 have now closed. Both successful and unsuccessful candidates will be contacted shortly.
RULES & GUIDELINES as governed by Elvis Presley Estate competition rules
- Profanity and/ or vulgarity on stage or while participating in the Contest will not be tolerated and any contestant violating this rule will be immediately disqualified from the Contest.
- ETAs and relatives or representatives of ETAs should not interact with any member of the judging panel prior to or during the Contest.
- The only props allowed on stage during the Contest are scarves and/ or musical instrument. Contestants are not allowed to distribute scarves or other items to the audience members.
- ETAs will be judged on Vocals, Appearance, Stage Presence and Overall Performance. Vocals will count as 40% of the score. In case of tie scores, the ETA receiving the highest score in the vocal category will be deemed the winner. If the vocal score is also a tie, the winner will be chosen based on the highest score on Overall Performance, then Appearance, followed by Stage Presence.